How to Apply

Contact us at 715-478-3371 to make an appointment. You will need to bring the following materials to your first appointment:

Proof of identification for each participant(s) and parent, Guardian, or alternate. examples include:

    • eWIC Card (not first appointment)
    • Birth certificate, hospital/clinic record, crib card, or wrist band
    • Wisconsin Immunization Registry (WIR) Record
    • Photo ID (school ID, county ID, driver’s license, WI state ID card, passport, military ID, tribal ID, Matricula Consular ID)
    • Social Security Card (for adults only)
    • Foster/Kinship situations: placement papers or Kinship Care statement (is used as ID and income proof)

Proof of income:

    • Notice of Eligibility for FoodShare, W-2, or Wisconsin Shares Child Care (may use ACCESS website) OR
    • ForwardHealth Card — PLEASE NOTE: In some cases BadgerCare cannot be used as proof. Ask your WIC staff if you need to bring income proof from the last 30 days (described below) OR
    • Pay or unemployment check stubs
    • Child support statement
    • SSI/Disability Statement

Proof of current residence:

    • Utility bill
    • Any mail/envelope with your name and address (PO Box not allowed)
    • Driver’s license with current address
    • FoodShare Notice of Eligibility (may use ACCESS website)
    • Rent/mortgage receipt or lease with name & address

Most recent blood iron test (hemoglobin or hematocrit) done at a clinic/hospital – may use electronic medical record.

*Test will be done at WIC if no result available, or does not meet required testing timeframe*

    Proof of pregnancy:

      • Medical clinic/doctor/pregnancy testing center statement
      • Sonogram/ultrasound photo with name and date

    Child/children’s immunization records (if transferring from out of state)