The Forest County Health Department is currently helping to provide COVID-19 vaccine to frontline healthcare personnel, EMS, those who provide direct patient service or other healthcare services, law enforcement, fire personnel, and anyone 65 and older.
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) has announced the following groups to be eligible starting March 1st, 2021:
- Educators and child care
- Individuals enrolled in Medicaid long-term care programs including Family Care, Family Care Partnership, IRIS, Wisconsin’s Children’s Long-term Support Waiver, and Katie Beckett
- Some public facing essential workers including 911 operators, utility and communications infrastructure, public transit, and food supply chain
- Non-frontline essential health care personnel
- Congregate living facility staff and residents including employer-based housing, housing serving the elderly or people with disabilities, shelters, transitional housing, and incarcerated individuals
We will continue to share more information about vaccine availability for other individuals and as it becomes available from DHS. You can learn more about Wisconsin’s vaccination planning and eligible groups at https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/vaccine-about.htm
FCHD is currently receiving weekly vaccine allocations from the state. Individuals are then scheduled based on that allocation and their eligibility. FCHD has provided 718 COVID vaccines as of February 19th, 2021.
If you are interested in receiving the vaccine, please call our office at 715-478-3371 to be added to our waitlist. You can also contact your healthcare provider to ask about vaccine availability.
Please continue to practice every day preventative measures including:
- Practice physical distancing
- Wear a mask in public
- Wash your hands frequently
- Avoid large gatherings
- Stay home if you are sick and contact your healthcare provider to be tested