The Forest County Health Department is currently helping to provide COVID-19 vaccine to frontline healthcare personnel, EMS, those who provide direct patient service or other healthcare services, law enforcement, fire personnel, and anyone 65 and older.
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) has announced the following groups to be eligible tentatively starting March 1st, 2021:
- Educators and child care
- Individuals enrolled in Medicaid long-term care programs
- Some public facing essential workers including 911 operators, utility and communications infrastructure, public transit, and food supply chain
- Non-frontline essential health care personnel
- Congregate living facility staff and residents
FCHD receives weekly vaccine allocations from the state. Individuals will then be scheduled based on our allocation and eligibility. We will continue to share more information about vaccine availability for other individuals and as it becomes available from DHS.
If you are interested in receiving the vaccine, please call our office at 715-478-3371. You can also contact your healthcare provider to ask about vaccine availability.
Please continue to practice every day preventative measures including:
- Practice physical distancing
- Wear a mask in public
- Wash your hands frequently
- Avoid large gatherings
- Stay home if you are sick and contact your healthcare provider to be tested
You can learn more about Wisconsin’s vaccination planning at https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/vaccine-about.htm