Everyone 6 months and older should receive a yearly flu vaccine. Flu vaccination can reduce flu illnesses and prevent flu-related hospitalizations. It is the single best way to prevent influenza.
Virus strains included in the 2016–17 vaccines will be two Influenza type A (H1N1 & H3N2) and two Influenza type B-like virus. There are several brands and types of flu injections available, but live vaccine (flu mist) is not recommended this year.
Benefits of Getting Vaccinated:
- Flu vaccination can keep you from getting sick with flu, and reduce risk of flu-associated hospitalization.
- Flu vaccination is especially important for people with chronic health conditions.
- Vaccination helps protect women during and after pregnancy. Vaccination also protects the developing baby during pregnancy and for several months after the baby is born.
- Flu vaccination may make your illness milder if you do get sick.
- Getting vaccinated yourself also protects people around you, including those who are more vulnerable to serious flu illness, like babies and young children, older people, and people with chronic health conditions.
Ways to Prevent the Flu:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or into your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or an alcohol-based sanitizer
- Clean or disinfect surfaces that are touched often at home, work, or school
- Get plenty of sleep, stay physically active, eat nutritious foods, drink plenty of fluids
For more information visit: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/index.htm or call the Forest County Health Department with any questions at 715-478-3371.
2016 Flu Shot Schedule
WALK IN’s – Forest Co. Health Department, Crandon Courthouse
(Monday-Friday) – 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. & 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
ARMSTRONG CREEK – Armstrong Creek Community Bldg.
October 4th (Tuesday) – 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
WABENO – Wabeno Town Hall
October 10th (Monday) – 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
LAONA – Laona Town Hall
October 11th (Thursday) – 11:00 to 11:30 a.m.
ALVIN – Alvin Town Hall
October 20th (Thursday) – 2:30 to 3:00 p.m.
Charge: $35.00 Per Vaccine
We are able to bill Medicare and Forward Card (please have your cards available)